Wed, Sep 14|
Sisterhood of Sculptors - Wednesdays
Join an intimate community for five lively discussions on pioneering women sculptors. We will discover a group of ambitious Americans who pursued artistic careers in Rome and achieved fame on both sides of the Atlantic.
Time & Location
Sep 14, 2022, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM GMT-4
About The Event
Wednesdays @9 am est
September 14-October 12 (Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 3*, 12)
*To avoid conflict with Yom Kippur, Wednesday's class on Oct. 5th will meet instead on Monday Oct. 3rd at 1 pm.
Artists we'll discover:
- Edmonia Lewis (1844-1907), born Wildfire, an African American and Anishinaabe sculptor
- Harriet Hosmer (1830-1908), one of the foremost neoclassical sculptors from the U.S., she achieved fame in international art cirlces. She invented a process for transforming limestone into marble.
- Anne Whitney (1821-1915), a sculptor and poet whose sculptures of prominent political and historical figures are in major museums in the United States
- Vinnie Ream (1847-1914), the first woman artist commissioned to create a work of art for the U.S. government, sculpted a bust of Abraham Lincoln
- and more!
Where? On Zoom from your home or office. Sessions are led by Lauren Jimerson, PhD.
- Webinars are sold in packs of 5.
- Each webinar is limited in size to enable lively and engaging discussions.
- Held on the same day and time each week, each session is 90 minutes.
- Sessions are recorded and made available to stream at your convenience.
- All that's required is a curious mind.
Art with Friends 5 pack
This ticket is valid for 5, 90 minute sessions of Art with Friends art history seminar (7.5 hours total).